This document outlines the process for creating an a account for a single user. To create multiple user accounts at once, refer to Creating Accounts in Batches.
Creating an individual account
- Visit your Copia back office. Mots likely, you use one of these two URLs:
- Log in to the back office portal using the credentials you received in your welcome email.
- You will now be logged in as a School Admin.
- Click on Manage on the top-left of the page and select Users.
- Click Create on the top-right of the page.
- Select the Role of the user you would like to create. You may choose Student or Teacher.
- Fill in the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields.
- The Email field is optional.
- Fill in the Username field with either:
- a username of your choice, or
- the same email address you entered in the Email field
- Please note that each Username must be unique. In the event that you enter a Username that is already in use in our system, you will be prompted to reenter an available Username.
- There are two options for Send Welcome Email:
- Don’t send welcome email: This option requires you, the School Admin, to create a password for the new user and enter it in the Password field. Remember the password you create, and pass it on to the user.
- Send the user an email with a link to set password: This option will automatically send the new user instructions for resetting the password for her account. (You will still need to enter a default password in the Password field here.)
- For this option, you will need to enter an Email address during the account creation.
- Passwords must have a minimum of 6 characters.
- Once created, a User account can not be deleted from the system. Please double check all information before saving.
- To edit the details of a User account, see Editing User Accounts.
- Click Save.
Article is closed for comments.